Cheyenne Mountain Public Broadcast House, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, conforms to the appropriate Federal Communications Commission’s regulations established in 2003. These regulations require our EEO Public File Report is available to the public.
It is the policy of Cheyenne Mountain Public Broadcast House, Inc. is to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender or sexual orientation in all personnel actions including recruitment, evaluation, selection, promotion, compensation, training and termination. We accept resumes and inquiries for the positions detailed on this page. Click on a job title below to view a detailed description.
Director of Development and Marketing
Reporting to the General Manager, the Director of Development and Marketing develops and implements strategies to grow awareness and revenue, ensuring the long-term financial stability for both KCME and Jazz 93.5.
Fundraising, solicitation & cultivation
• Develop and execute audience-based fundraising strategies, including direct mail, online giving, email and social media campaigns.
• Oversee sustaining member program, including conversion and upgrades. Work closely with general manager on retention strategies to ensure steady growth and minimal attrition.
• Manage donor records and financial transactions using the fundraising database
• Help develop acquisition, lapsed donor, renewal and additional gift appeals as needed. Work closely with all vendors to ensure timely execution and delivery of both year-round and seasonal mailings/ campaigns.
• Create e-solicitation campaigns to complement direct mail and on-air fundraising campaigns, as well as stand-alone e-mail appeals.
• Work closely with the general manager on on-air membership drive planning and implementation, including goals, messaging, thank-you gifts, strategies and production.
• Assist with major and mid-level donor cultivation and solicitation, including donor research, communication and moves management.
• Plans and manages a planned giving program
• Identify and cultivate foundation prospects and generate proposals for grants.
• Prepare and submit reports to foundations, ensures appropriate recognition and stewardship of grant awards
• Research and recommend additional revenue opportunities where appropriate.
• Serve as primary contact person for vehicle donation vendor
• Create and implement marketing and communication strategies to increase awareness and revenue from vehicle donations.
• Serve as primary community liaison for external fundraising opportunities such as community giving days.
• Develop and oversee strategic matching gifts program, soliciting matching gifts and following up on current members who have indicated their employer has a matching
gifts program in place. Develop on-air and off-air marketing strategies to grow this revenue stream.
Marketing, Communications & Promotions
• Develop and implement external marketing & communication strategies to create awareness and engagement for organization
• Manage and maintain social media accounts, newsletters and websites
• Manage promotional trade relationships with community media partners
• Develop annual on-air promotions strategies and work closely with team members to ensure timely production and scheduling
• Assist in managing shared full time assistant and part time intern
• Work with general manager to develop monthly, annual and long-term fundraising and marketing strategies
• Work closely with fellow team members to ensure success of overall department goals, long-term growth and donor retention
• Attend and participate in weekly team meetings and other meetings as necessary
• Serve as Development representative to the Board of Directors
• Represent station at events as needed
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree and four years of experience in nonprofit fundraising
• Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills; must possess strong verbal and written communication skills with experience communicating with donors, trustees, or listeners.
• Excellent organizational skills; proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects, exceed goals, and meet deadlines.
• High level of integrity, excellent judgment, and flexibility.
• Flexibility to attend evening and weekend events when necessary.
• Intermediate computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Experience with Constant Contact, Canva and Word Press a plus.
• Strong work ethic and experience working cooperatively as a member of a team as well as independently with self-direction
• Knowledge of CRM databases, with Allegiance experience a plus.
Qualified, interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume and three professional references to email@example.com with the subject line, “Development and Marketing Director.” Please include how you learned of the position. CMPBH is an EEO provider and committed to fostering diversity in the workplace. No phone calls, please. Position open until filled. Full-time, exempt position with some benefits.
Traffic Coordinator, Production Assistant
Part-time, 20-24 hours per week
Cheyenne Mountain Public Broadcast House, Inc. dba Classical KCME and Jazz 93.5 FM, serving Colorado Springs and Southern Colorado for over 40 years, is seeking a Traffic Coordinator/Production Assistant. This is a great opportunity to join our team in an administrative position and learn about broadcast radio operations. This position allows for our new team member to have flexibility in their hours and learn about the exciting world of broadcasting. Previous broadcasting experience is not required. Audio production experience a plus. Attention to detail and computer database experience will give you great success in this position.
Position Responsibilities as Traffic Coordinator / Production Asst. will include, but are not limited to:
- Using Allegiance scheduling software to perform scheduling of all Corporate Sponsor (underwriting) and all on-air promos.
- Produce the daily traffic log.
- Maintain the master schedule, avoiding business-type conflicts and scheduling restrictions, including special on-air programming.
- Work closely with the Operations Director and Corporate Sales Representatives to ensure compliance with each sponsor’s contract terms, coordinating changes in scheduling and on-air copy as necessary.
- Coordinate with Operations Director and Programming Directors for promo production with the appropriate voice.
- Edit weekly interviews for air as well as occasional internal promotional spots.
- Download and prep (if needed) weekly national programs.
- Assist in all phases of annual fund drive operations regarding traffic.
- Reporting directly to the Operations Director.
- Assist Operations Director with technical needs for remotes and special events.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Operations Director or General Manager.
The traffic coordinator, production assistant is a part-time position. You will receive an hourly compensation of $15.00 per hour, for a combined total of hours of 20-24 hours per week, part-time. Hours may be more during the on-air drive weeks or year-end for traffic coordinator needs.
Corporate Sponsorship Sales – Representing Classical KCME and Jazz 93.5
Cheyenne Mountain Public Broadcast House Inc (KCME/Jazz93.5) seeks an enthusiastic, motivated professional to join its growing team. The primary responsibility of this position is to generate funding from the business community through securing and retaining on-air and event sponsors.
The candidate chosen for this job will be responsible for selling on-air sponsorships to community-minded businesses that believe in KCME and Jazz 93.5’s value to the community, and who want to brand their services/products in the minds of KCME and Jazz 93.5 listeners.
Responsibilities and accountabilities will include:
- Develop, acquire and increase the number of KCME and Jazz 93.5’s on-air and event corporate sponsors.
- Write on-air copy for corporate sponsorship spots. All spots will require approval to comply with FCC rules and regulations.
- Track and manage your activity through documentation in our CRM.
- Work in cooperation with the Operations Director and Traffic Coordinator to coordinate production and broadcast schedule of spots and on-air copy.
- Work closely with the General Manager, Development and Marketing Director and other members of the staff to develop new strategies to increase support from the business community.
- Assist with on-air fundraising and other development events and activities as requested.
- Experience in outside B2B sales, strategic account development and account management, with knowledge of sales and marketing principles and methods for showing, promoting and selling.
- Knowledge of how to close new business by implementing marketing strategy and tactics and honed sales techniques.
- Thorough attention to detail: Your natural confidence is bolstered by being prepared.
- Strong interpersonal and communication and a history of building solid ongoing professional relationships.
- A broad-based business acumen with marketing knowledge across multiple key categories.
- A strong understanding of the Colorado Springs market, including decision makers, local events, and key accounts.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Sick and vacation time
- Health, Dental and Vision benefits
- 8 National holidays
- Base structure – $2,500 first 6 months, $1,000 second 6 months, $500 after one year.
- Commission structure – 15-25% based on type of contract to begin immediately on all contracts.
- Cell phone stipend.
Ready to work with a dynamic team—and our local arts and business community—elevating the sounds of classical and jazz in the Pikes Peak Region? Send your resume and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.